Senior Road Handicapping Policy
- All riders will be graded on results and form.
- The Handicappers reserves the right to re-grade any/all riders at any time.
- Clubs are encouraged to run grades A through F.
- The Handicappers will liaise with all clubs for rider information.
- Riders may approach the Handicappers regarding grade shifts in an appropriate manner prior to the event.
- The Handicappers reserve the right to judge the applicant.
- If a rider asks to be moved down, granting of this will be at the decretion of the Handicappers.
- Higher grading must be earned.
- No rider is guaranteed to keep their grading.
- Under 17s will be graded for open races with consultancy with the Junior Handicapper and their coaches.
- The higher the status of the event, the more it will affect the grade of the rider.
- Factors such as injury, illness, or mechanicals will not be used for grading.
- The Handicappers will always endeavour to give every rider a winning chance.
- Size and strength of grades, weather conditions and course difficulty will be assessed at every race when determining time gaps.
State Handicapping Committee Members:
Andrew Daly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew Flanagan - email@example.com
Tim O'Shannessey - firstname.lastname@example.org
Rob Cumine - email@example.com